Frequently Asked Questions about TFC Video On Demand. (Updated January 2016)
What are the available packages that you offer with the new TFC-IPTV?
There will be total of 8 subscription packages to choose from:
- TFC Premium
- TFC Plus (+ BRO)
- TFC Plus (+ COG)
- TFC Plus (+ Lifestyle)
- TFC Plus (+ Myx TV)
- TFC Lite
- TFC Live
What is the channel content of each package?
What is Premium Package?
- This package has the complete content that carries all Channel Offerings: TFC, ANC, Radio Channels, BRO, COG, Lifestyle and KARAOKE channel.
- Subscribers under this package can view their programs through Linear (live streaming) viewing and can also catch up all missed shows through VOD (Video on Demand).
- Subscribers can get a weekly program schedule of all Live Channels by looking up the EPG in the Main Menu.
- This package also allows subscribers to access all current episodes and archive content on VOD.
- Subscribers can also purchase and enjoy recent Filipino Movies & Sports events under the PPV feature.
- Access to TFC even when subscribers are not at home through TFC Everywhere.
What is Plus Package?
- This package addresses the need for TFC plus an add-on Channel depending on the need of the subscriber.
- The subscriber continuously enjoys TFC and now has the “choice” to enjoy another Channel
- This PLUS Package comes in 3 choices:
- TFC + Sports/Shut-Out Entertainment (BRO)
- TFC + Movies/Teleserye Classics (COG or Cinema One Global)
- TFC + Food, Home, Travel and Self (Lifestyle)
- TFC + Top Asian TV Programs & Music (Myx TV)
- Plus package also have access to PPV
What is Lite Package?
This package is positioned (but not limited) for the existing Cable and DirecTV subscriber with DVR subscription. This is now better positioned for the switch strategy as the viewer can still watch his/her favorite TFC programs on “LIVE” format. However, in case the subscriber missed the program schedule, then they can still “CATCH UP” by watching the program through its ON DEMAND feature.
What is Live Package?
- This package is aimed at segments who want linear viewing experience for TFC (i.e. existing cable subs).
- The package is also positioned for price sensitive HHs in areas where TFC is not available on cable or for those who subscribe to DISH.
- This package will not have any VOD content. This is purely a live stream service.c
What is Lifestyle Package?
Lifestyle Network is the latest premium channel from TFC. It is a channel created for the US market featuring programs that provide personal improvement, individual empowerment and expansion of one’s world.
What are the types of shows that you can watch on Lifestyle Network?
The channel features show that focuses on the lifestyle pillars of Self, Home, Food and Travel.
Is News Package still available?
The news package is no longer available as we include the news channel under all Packages.
What is TFC Everywhere?
- TFC Everywhere is value added feature offered to TFC IPTV subscribers who availed a Premium Package subscription.
- Subscribers can watch the same shows and movies on their home TV anywhere they go using their laptop, tablet, mobile phone or tablet – at no extra charge.
What is new with TFC- IPTV?
- Additional subscription packages were added that will surely suit our subscriber’s budget, viewing experience and programming needs.
- The Main Menu Content line-up will change.
- With the new design, some shows/programs will move from one Channel to another.
- We’ve also added additional packages to choose from that will suit your budget and programming needs.
How much is the subscription fee for TFC-IPTV?
There are 7 packages that you can choose from. The subscription fee will depend on the package that you’ve availed.
- TFC Premium: $29.99
- TFC Plus (+ Sports+Action): $22.99
- TFC Plus (+ CinemaOne): $22.99
- TFC Plus (+ Lifestyle): $22.99
- TFC Plus (+ MyxTV): $22.99
- TFC Lite: $16.99
- TFC Live: $12.99
- Lifestyle: $8.99
What is TFC IPTV?
TFC IPTV Video on Demand is a service of ABS CBN Global that gives you superior convenience as it lets you choose the shows you want to watch at your most convenient time, so you enjoy the flexibility of watching your favorite Kapamilya shows anytime of the day. All programming is delivered via broadband (DSL, Cable, Fiber, etc). Content is always fresh, updated within 4-5 hours of airing in Manila, with less intrusive advertising, plus the added convenience of DVD/VCR capabilities so you can play, pause, fast forward or rewind.
What is VOD?
VOD or Video on Demand allows convenience and flexibility of watching anytime of the day. Archived content teleseryes and dramas dating back to the first episode allow subscribers to easily catch up with the storyline. Programs will be stored for about 12 days or almost 2 weeks for daily shows like TV Patrol and Wowowee or about 3 months for once a week show. Content is always fresh, updated within 4-5 hours of airing in Manila. Less intrusive advertising and it allows subscribers to fast forward, rewind and pause.
How long do you store your programs in VOD?
- Teleseryes can be viewed up to 30 days from the time the episode airs, after which it is moved to Cinema One
- Teleserye Classics, and after one year, subsequently moved to Teleserye Classics.
- Daily Programs can be viewed up to 14 days
- Weekly Programs have 4 episodes which can be viewed up to 30 days.
- News Programs can be viewed up to 14 days
You must have Broadband internet with a minimum speed of 2 Mbps. We have a quick and easy online tool to help you check your internet speed.
What is Karaoke On-Demand?
Sing out loud, sing for hours on end with a thousand song selections from this exclusive feature available only in the Premium Package. Visit the TFC karaoke on-demand page for complete information.
What forms of payment do your accept?
Any major credit or debit card is accepted such as VISA, Mastercard, Discover, JCB.
Who will install the new equipment?
TFC IPTV Video on Demand is a plug and play device making it easy to install. Simply follow the Quick Reference Guide and the videos on the TFC installation page.
Is there an activation fee?
Currently we are in a promotional period where there is no activation fee. This may change at any time in the future.
What is the Shipping & Handling cost?
Again, currently we are in a promotional period where there is no shipping or handling fee. This may change at any time in the future.
Do I have to pay for the set-top box?
Like above, we are within a promotional period where there is no cost for the set-top box. This may change at any time in the future.
Is there any warranty on the equipment?
Yes, the set up box comes with a lifetime warranty that covers damage due to fire, flood, and other natural disasters. However, it does not cover damage due to accidents, improper use, alteration, incorrect installation or repair by unauthorized agents.
Where can I find Customer Support?
For any technical support, changes to your monthly subscription or other issues, call TFC customer support at: 1-877-88-GO-TFC (1-877-884-6832)
Can I request for Cancellation of service anytime?
There will be a 1 year lock-in period once you subscribe to TFC-VOD. Subscribers within a LOCK-IN period have to pay for the cost of the STB amounting to $125.00 if service is cancelled within the contract. No pro-rated amount will be deducted based on their remaining unused days of service.
Do I need to return the STB if I cancel my service?
Yes, customers are required to return the STB in the same working condition as when it was received from us, normal wear and tear excepted. We will send postage prepaid, through which subscriber must return the STB to our office.
What will happen if customer failed to return the STB?
If customer fails to return the STB within 21 days after service cancellation, a $125 will be charge to customer representing the cost of the STB.
You may upgrade your subscription even during the lock in period. Upgrading does not affect (i.e., extend) the lock in period. However, you may not downgrade your subscription during the lock in period. After the lock in period, you may downgrade or upgrade at any time, and without any limits to the number of changes.
A subscriber cannot downgrade (move from a higher subscription package to a lower priced one) within the lock-in period but can upgrade (move from a lower subscription package to a higher priced one) at anytime.
CHANGE PLAN WITH SIMILAR MSF
Change of plan with similar monthly subscription fee is allowed once every calendar month (eg. Plus BRO to Plus COG or Plus Lifestyle – $22.99)
Can a subscriber Switch Content Package plan?
A subscriber can switch to any derivative package of similar MSF by calling the Call Center. For purposes of clarification, a subscriber can switch from TFC + Lifestyle to TFC + BRO without any effect on his contract.
When will be the change in subscription plan takes effect?
The switch will take effect within 24 hours from the time the request was made.
Can the subscriber switch plan every day?
A subscriber can switch plan only once in every calendar month.
When is the affectivity of any change of plan/package?
Switching becomes available at the 1st day each month and can be triggered at any day within that month.